Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What The Lilies Know


This was my first experimental media piece. It is a very personal work. Since I wanted to play with copy, I used my favorite lines from scripture which are in the sixth chapter of the book of Matthew. I use to be a world class worrier. In fact, if I wasn't actively worrying about something, that worried me! Then my rather quiet life changed on a dime. I didn't have the luxury of time to indulge in worrying. My days were dedicated to survival. One day I stumbled across the familiar quote. "Fret not..., what of the birds of the air & the lilies of the field",... it was all there, everything I ever needed to know. It's the key that opened the door for me. Both in my personal life, as well as an artist, I know that there is something simply wondrous out there. I don't need to be white-knuckled onto life. I'm freed up to spread my wings and soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment